Mike prepares to send a 4,000 word e-mail to Tim on how to properly build an NBA roster.

August E-Mail Bantering With Tim and Mike

An occasional series between two remote Wolves fans where they swap e-mails over a period of several days continues, offering 100% unique perspectives and Zach Lowe-level analysis of the Timberwolves. In this series, Tim makes perhaps the most preposterous statement on record in regards to the Wiggins trade, the 2 touch on their home lives, […]

Picture 5

Is Wiggins (or any other T-wolf) Hungry Like a Wolf?

Today in the Startribune Kent Youngblood wrote a great article overviewing Andrew Wiggins, the person and the player. In which Youngblood quotes Bill Self to have said this: “He absolutely was too nice. And he’s still too nice. Flip [Saunders] will have to get more of that dog in him. He’s just young.” We all know […]

andrew-wiggins-ku

Wolves Get Great Deal For Love

Ed note: This is a submission from Nick Robinson, who has been a periodic contributor to this site. BY NICK ROBINSON rushthecourt.net Well, Wolves Nation, say one final goodbye to Kevin Love. What a run… NOT. Let’s thank David Kahn for this, literally. Thank the knuckle push-ups. We can think “What could have been?” or […]

Andrew-Wiggins-Kevin-Love-Trade-Good-For-Cleveland-Cavaliers-and-Minnesota-TImberwolves

Analyzing the Love for Wiggins Landscape

Please note that the following post is going to be rather dry. It is, in fact, a dry part of the year in terms of NBA news, weather, and overall body hydration so let’s assume any and all summer blog postings will remain a loose metaphor of this period in the NBA timeline. If you […]

The Minnesota Timberwolves Today

So, here we are Wolves fans. The draft is done, the Summer League’s in action, and the roster has 14 players on it. The off-season’s largest of dominoes have fallen. LeBron’s dramatic home coming, Melo and Bosh’s less dramatic decisions to remain where they were, and Pau Gasol joining the Bulls, put Kevin Love at […]

Thoughts on Coach Flip & General Ramblings

Well, this offseason has been an awful lot of … “exactly-what-we-expecteds”: 1. The Twolves didn’t manage to improve in their lottery luck. 2. Kevin Love has voiced his desire to no longer be a Timberwolf 3. Flip has hired himself. Now, I have to say, this makes some sense. While I’m not thrilled with this […]

2014 Draft Analysis and the Country Club Factor

Another Wolves draft, another bad pick, another set of Country Club undertones. We will get to that shortly. Let us do the typical-thing-that-every-Wolves-blog does and provide detailed analysis of each pick as if we have seen the selection play hundreds of times, rather than judge a smattering of YouTube clips at the last minute (come […]

The Best Option: Keeping Kevin Love

Ed Note: This is a contribution from Nick Robinson that I am posting on his behalf. You can follow Nick on Twitter at @RobinsoNick2013 Minnesota Timberwolves fans: it’s been a rough tenure since Kevin Garnett has left. Almost 7 years after The Big Ticket’s departure, there’s another crisis on our hands. Kevin Love is unhappy. […]

DRAFT2014

My Twolves Big Board

Now that the draft lottery has gone … the only way we really could have expected it to … and Kevin Love has said …. what we had to expect him to … it’s time I share my in depth thoughts about this years NBA draft prospects. But first: Some Questions that have to be […]

KevinLove

RANTING on the Twolves & Love Lost

In the wake of Kevin Love saying exactly what we expected him to say, my first thought was… Okay finally, now we can move on. Through all of this K-love drama since the days of the Woj interview, I tried to downplay the “Kevin want’s out” rumors. The assertion of the franchise has always been […]

derok and the mad dog

Meeting the Mad Dog

There’s something particularly special about pro sports when you’re a kid. The players are all older than you and you get to look up to them and dream about being like them someday. Then somewhere along the way you get to be in your early 30’s like I am, and suddenly these people that you […]

5wolf022513.jpg

What Went Wrong & What Now

40 wins. Some were blow-outs, a few were nail biters, and nearly none of them seemed certain.    42 losses. Most were agonizing, many were demoralizing, and some were embarrassing. 10th in the Western Conference. Two spots out of the party that is the NBA playoffs. So close but, oh so far.    Woof. Sad […]

Wolves 2014 Offseason Preview

It has already been a month since the season has ended for the Wolves, which puts the offseason at roughly 16% complete at this point if you count the pre-season as being “part of the year.” If you want exact percentages or feel a need to nitpick the math here, kindly go give David Kahn […]

Looking Forward Once Again

I admit the second half of this Wolves season has been a major disappointment. The team didn’t come together. Ronnie and Chase came back but they didn’t have the impact I imagined. Ronnie has played great when he is healthy and Chase even showed promise before his latest injury. Injuries to Nikola Pekovic and Kevin […]

kevin love tim duncan

Q&A with Project Spurs

With the T-Wolves and Spurs set to tip off this evening in Target Center, Stephen Anderson from Project Spurs sat down with TWolves Blog’s own Timothy Snyder for a Q&A session.

Quantcast