suit-crew-topper

2013 Wolves Draft Day Babble

FINALLY! One of the best days of the year. How can you not absolutely love it? A saturation of roster moves, new faces and players, and Flip Saunders will make his first player acquisitions as President of Basketball Operations. I can't wait. For better of worse. My colleague TCSnyder and I have been fired […]

Draft Lotto

2013 Wolves Lotto Mock Draft Contest

It's that time again! Put on your draft caps, make some predictions, guess right, and win a Timberwolves Prize Pack for your efforts. All you have to do is predict the top 14 selections in the NBA draft. The winner will recieve a Timberwolves prize pack, chock full of surprises and goodies. What will […]

Draft Preview, Pt. 2

Welcome to part 2 of the draft preview. If you missed the first part, click here. A quick reminder of some of my logic: I hate the Big East with particular vitriol for Georgetown and Syracuse. Thank you “Weak” Wes Johnson and Jonny Flynn. I don’t know why I hate Georgetown, I just do. Not […]

alertRocket

TWolves Blog Mobile Alerts

We interrupt our scintillating coverage of the 9th pick in the 2013 NBA Draft to bring you this quick update… If you’re a fan of TWolves Blog, you’ll be overjoyed to learn that we’ve come up with a way to make you aware the second a new piece of content is posted on our blog.  […]

Draft Day Approaches

Hello again, everyone! It is almost time again for the National Unintentional Comedy Night (also including some intentional comedy). It’s the NBA draft. Whether you’re rooting for ridiculous outfits (a certainty), crazy families and posses (a near certainty), incompetent team management (moment of silence for the departed David Kahn…and now a round of laughter), hilarious […]

300px-US9_Freehold_NJ

Trade Up From #9? Unlikely

On Tuesday evening, the Wolves solidified the inevitable and secured the 9th pick in the draft. As lottery non-winners for the 15th-ish time, this likely came as no surprise to a team that had roughly a 95% chance to not move up. The Cavs won pick #1 again. Life goes on. The only real solace […]

Report: David Kahn Out as Wolves GM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VYPsoxpt0BU Thanks to @DoubleDrivel for sending this fitting tribute. Steve Aschburner reported first. I think. Still awaiting formal confirmation. This could still all be some kind of sick joke. Who knows at this point. But all signs report to Kahn being ousted as Wolves GM (or, his contract not being renewed), with Flip Saunders signing […]

2012-2013 Season Wrap-up

31-51. Think about that relative to the stink of a team that meandered onto the court in 2009. More than twice the wins. It still boggles the mind how we all followed a team that won at half of the rate as this season's Wolves. Considering how difficult it was to remain interested in the […]

puppy

3/29/13 Wolves/Thunder

Rubio, after being mauled by Kobe Bryant on a non-call that would have netted JJ Barea a 30-game suspension if the roles were reversed   Too bad so sad. It is becoming increasingly difficult to exhibit anything but the highest degrees of apathy towards this team right now. About the only thing worthwhile remains […]

3/6/13 Wolves/Wizards

Well team, we apologize for the lack of game previews and content. Like you may expect, it is exceedingly difficult to spend time writing original, non-repetitive content about meaningless games when guys continue to sit out long stretches of games. Perhaps this season will become at least slightly interesting when Love and Chase are back […]

Wolves Let Trade Deadline Pass, Make No Moves

Today marks 2nd trade deadline in a row in which Kahn was silent. However, if you observed the kinds of deals that were made, it might become clearer that this wasn't the time where the Wolves were going to make some noise. Disappointing? Sure, of course. The season is over, basically. Whenever Kahn fails to […]

nbatrademachine

Wolves/Philly and Fun With Trades

The All-Star break has come and gone. We learned Alexey Shved is a quiet leaper who can throw down Shawn Kemp-esque in-game dunks (reverse alley-oops, anyone?) and Ricky continues to be awesome. Tonight the Wolves awkwardly resume their season against Philadelphia in what is a very winnable game. However, at this point, do we want […]

Wolves Waive Amundson, Face Knicks Tonight

Link What was your favorite Lou moment? The 1:9 good play to bad play ratio? I really thought he would have been a nice pickup for the Wolves, but he proved entirely useless. Instead, his spot at the end of  the bench will be replaced by Chris Johnson, who was signed for the remainder of […]

No Dwight: Lakers @ Wolves

Photo credit Sweet redemption. The last time the Lakers made an appearance at Target Center, Ricky Rubio blew out a knee. Of note during that game: Kevin Love was out. Of note during that game: The Lakers were at full health and the Wolves were one non-knee blow out away from sneaking away with […]

Clippers @ Wolves

Adelman returns. Google "Jack Sparrow entrance" and think of Adelman returning. When a coach returns or is fired, sometimes generates temporary attribute boost like in NBA 2k Association. Wolves could win. Probably won't. Pek maybe returns. Same with Night of the Living Shved. Roy out. Love out. Everyone out. Johnson in. Gerbil Belly in. Trade […]

Quantcast