Oct 10, 2015; Winnipeg, Manitoba, CAN; Minnesota Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns (32) drives to the basket Chicago Bulls forward Pau Gasol (16) during the second quarter at MTS Center. Mandatory Credit: Bruce Fedyck-USA TODAY Sports

Can the Timberwolves Make the Playoffs

At 5-6, the young Timberwolves have exceeded the expectations of most early into this season.  Considering the loss of head coach, Flip Saunders, and some injury setbacks to Ricky Rubio, the Wolves’ early record is all the more impressive.  When the season started did anyone think that this team would be able to go into […]

2015 NBA Season Preview

The T-Wolves are not expected to be bringing home the trophy this year. How bad is it? Well the 2015 NBA Odds from Las Vegas, Nevada have our beloved Minnesota Timberwolves at +35000 to win the 2015 NBA title. So pretty much its at slim to none. NBA Season Betting Preview While the Cavaliers are […]

The T-Wolves are on the Right Track

While much of the Minnesota Timberwolves’ focus has been on the recent passing of popular team president Flip Saunders, head coach Sam Mitchell and the rest of the franchise’s management now have to get the players’ minds back on the business of the start of the new season. On the back of a dismal 12 months, […]

The Karl-Anthony Towns Files

Where to begin with KAT? First, doesn’t he look like a bad ass in that photo? But on a more serious note, he’s the second consecutive home-run rookie acquisition for the Twolves in the past two years. He’s a big man with great skill and impressive athletic abilities, and he’s another two way prospect with […]

The Sam Mitchell Files

Coach Mitchell has now been thrust full-on into the lime light of the Twolves basketball universe, and the circumstances are less than ideal. Occasionally, I find it hard writing about sports, because it’s almost like turning a person into a commodity. I feel that when a fan assesses the value of a player, they could […]

The Nikola Pekovic Files

If there is one player that is more polarizing than Ricky Rubio on the Timberwolves this year, it would be Nikola “The Godfather” Pekovic. I mean, he might just be big enough to have his own gravitational pull and magnetic field … get it … “polarizing”? … all right, I’m probably stretching it … but […]

The Kevin Garnett Files

Alright everybody, the time has come for me to put on my Doc Martin’s, a pair of faded jeans and a super baggy-ass sweater, and pretend that it’s the 90s again. That is to say, I never thought I would be writing a player profile about the legend that is Kevin Garnett in 2015. A […]

Buff Andrew Wiggins

The Wiggins Files: Andrew’s Game

When the Twolves received Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and Thaddeus Young in the Kevin Love trade, they got quite the deal. While Young is now in Brooklyn, and Bennett may be on his way out of town as well, Wiggins was the real catch there.  Now after his rookie season, he only appears more ready to prove that conclusion […]

The Kevin Martin Files

Number two on the roster review docket, is the incumbent starting shooting guard, Kevin Martin. He is one of the holdovers from a bygone era: The Adelmanian Years. The Adelmanian Age was a time in Twolves past when PFs shot step back threes, wing players imitated NFL wide outs: when the front court featured flat footed rim-protection and […]

The Bacon and Beer Classic Heads To Minneapolis As Next Stop in 2015

There are certain pairings that just go so well together. With few exceptions, most people would agree that bacon and beer qualify as such a pairing. Add in access to professional ballparks and stadiums, and it is no surprise that the Bacon and Beer Classic has become a phenomenon nationwide. The Bacon and Beer Classic […]

The Ricky Rubio Files: Revisitado

To start this off-season’s player profiles, I feel it’s essential to review and amend my attempt at this same project from last October. Most of The Ricky Rubio Files largely remains applicable. That article speaks for itself. Unfortunately, what is no longer applicable, isn’t exactly any more positive than before. This year, I’ll toss in […]

Dr. Flip Saunderstine, pondering some basketball genius ponderings.

The Danger of Potential

First thing’s first. Rejoice! This is an incredible time in Timberwolves history. For the first time, the Twolves received the #1 pick in the draft. And, for one of the few times in the last decade, they actually used it to take a player that most everyone considers to be not only solid, but rock solid. Take a […]